About Sweeney Construction
We’re a healthy and highly recognized remodeling company in Madison. We are looking for a full time (32-40 hours per week), permanent, creative, detailed, happy and very organized administrative professional to support our remodeling company. As an administrative professional you will work directly with our sales, design, estimator, and project manager to develop the project from the initial call, through scheduling appointments, to compiling RFP’s and developing proposals. This position is an integral piece of the sales cycle of this company – without sales there is no company. It’s a fast-paced position that requires a collaborative team to develop and deliver our clients’ dream project.
We’re looking for someone who is…
- …organized and can prioritize a long to-do list: During our busiest times we work with upwards of 50 clients. We are looking for someone who can prioritize their work and meet deadlines in order to support the sales and production divisions.
- …a resourceful, team-player: Someone who takes the initiative to overcome obstacles to get the job done paired with the ability to gather the appropriate people and information to reach closure on tasks is very important in this position as is the willingness to help your colleagues.
- …technologically savvy: Sweeney Construction is focused on efficient and effective processes – and this means we use technology! We have an IT company for support with more complex issues, but you’ll be our go-to person for day-to-day problems. You should be confident in your ability to troubleshoot issues with our CRM (ProsperWorks), SharePoint, and Google Suite Products and able to learn new programs to streamline communication between our office and field.
- …excited about working in a small business: As an employee, you will wear many hats. Adaptability, collaboration with other team-members and flexibility are crucial!
- …looking for growth: Our company is focused on growth and improvement. We want someone who will contribute to this company goal of becoming better – through suggestions and collaboration with other departments.
As an Administrative Professional, while your primary focus will be supporting the sales, estimating and production divisions, you will also assist the marketing and HR departments.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Associate's degree or higher
- Experience in general office administration
- Construction experience highly sought but not necessary
- Experience in group leadership (professional, athletic, artistic or academic)
- IT savvy: CRM (Prosperworks), Google Suite and Microsoft Software (SharePoint, Word and Excel).
- Ability and desire to independently learn new technologies and systems
- Proficient in time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage and communicate with subcontractors, vendors, production staff and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously to deliver (on time) high quality results
Hours are flexible between 8:00 and 5:00 but your schedule must be consistent on a weekly basis.
PTO – 40 hours
401(k), healthcare insurance, dental insurance available
Salary commensurate with experience $15.00 to 20.00 per hour
80% - Support of the sales and production departments through;
Office and document management
- answers phones
- welcomes visitors into the building
- prepares conference room prior meetings (coffee, water, lights on, materials placed at each seat…)
- receives packages and material deliveries
- orders office supplies
- sorts and opens mail daily
- organizes project information
- updates contract templates
- maintains a "How to" manual for the position
- plans staff get-to-gathers
- coordinates staff meetings, writes agendas, writes minutes, follows-up on actions
Support for Sales and Estimating
- locates and retrieves closed job folders
- updates client contacts after a contract is signed
- RFP (request for proposal) tracking
- confirms handyman appointments
- reviews sales weekly schedules and appointments.
- assembles and updates sales folders
- updates client contact information after contract is signed
- sets appointments as requested with clients
- creates clients in Sage 100 Contractor and creates job numbers in Sage 100 Contractor
- develops sales contracts from RFPs and Sage 100 Contractor
- oversees and assists sales and estimating in the sales pipeline for the leads, opportunities, and projects within the ProsperWorks software
20% - Supports and maintains existing marketing programs per marketing objectives set for the year.
- maintains the company website with news, photos and articles
- schedules and oversees the photo shoots (before, during and after) of remodeling projects.
- assists in the development and emailing of monthly newsletters through Constant Contact.
- assists in the development of company documents for the sales team.
- assists in preparation for the company promotional events through our local NARI chapter.
- assists in the development of new marketing campaigns and programs.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Kelsey Sweeney at email@example.com.